Social Media Demographics And Marketing
There are many different social media platforms on the internet. All social media platforms are different from each other based on their content and demographics. For a successful marketing campaign, you need to choose the right social media platform for your brand, and to do this, you need to conduct market research about these platforms. This is where the demographics data come in handy. Demographic data allows you to conduct market research by providing you with valuable data about the users of the social media platforms. These data include age, gender, income, time spent, and much more.
Meaning Of Demographics
According to its dictionary definition, the meaning of demographics is “the statistical characteristics of human populations (such as age or income) used especially to identify markets.” As we can understand from the definition, demographic data is one of the most crucial data you need while conducting market research.
Popular Social Media Platforms And Some Of Their Demographics
- Number of monthly active users: 2.91 billion
- Largest age group: 25-34 (31.5%)
- Gender: 43% female, 57% male (no data on other genders)
- Time spent per day: 33 minutes
- Number of monthly active users: 2+ billion
- Largest age group: 15-35 (highest reach)
- Gender: 46% female, 54% male (no data on other genders)
- Time spent per session: ~30 minutes
- Number of monthly active users: 2 billion
- Largest age group: 25-34 (31.2%), with 18-24 close behind at 31%
- Gender: 48.4% female, 51.8% male
- Time spent per day: 29 minutes
- Number of monthly active users: 1 billion
- Largest age group: 10-19 (25%)
- Gender: 61% female, 39% male (no data on other genders)
- Time spent per day: 89 minutes per day
Adjusting Your Marketing Plan
The social media market evolves every day. New social media platforms arise frequently, so you must evaluate the market and spend your budget and time wisely. Your focus should be on where your customers are for maximum benefit and efficiency. Demographic data is critical for understanding which platforms should be your priority for conducting market research or which platforms you should focus on according to your brand mission and vision.