Conversational commerce comes in different ways, such as ordering through voice assistants at home or using chatbots that provide product recommendations. Essentially, it is all about convenience, personalization, and being present where your customers are.
Consumers can communicate with brands and make purchases using messaging applications, live chat services, chatbots, and voice technology. Customers can use chat services to acquire product information and customer service and to make purchases. It gives eCommerce companies a 1-to-1 sales channel, and customers get the personalized experience they demand from brands.
Types of Conversational Commerce
- Live Chats
- Live Chat service is simple to use and enables customers to get responses right away. It has a significant edge over email and phone due to this feature. With live chat, one employee may converse with two or three consumers at once, which helps brands shorten wait times and increase customer satisfaction.
- Throughout the day and night, chatbots can converse with several users simultaneously and answer questions quickly. Additionally, you can implement them on websites and messaging applications.
- Messaging Applications
- Popular messaging services like WhatsApp or Apple's iMessage can be a great way to communicate with customers directly. Meeting customers on platforms where they already engage can increase your chances of establishing a relationship with them because they already use these channels.
- Voice Assistants
- Voice assistants are becoming more popular each day. This popularity motivates businesses to incorporate them into their customer service and marketing plans. Voice assistants can provide quick answers or point users to your website, both of which will help you build more awareness of your business.
How Can Brands Adopt Conversational Commerce?
Conversational commerce may enhance customer experience, boost online sales, and expand how customers engage with your company throughout the purchasing process. Here is how to get started:
- Add Chat Or Chatbot
- Adding conversational tools, such as live chat or chatbots, to your eCommerce site or in-app is a great place to start.
- Use Behavioral Targeting
- You can make sure that each visitor's experience on your site corresponds with where they are in their purchasing journey by tracking and targeting visitor behaviour.
- Integrate Messaging Applications
- Messaging applications are excellent channels for delivering customer service and making product recommendations since they help establish a private line between your company and a potential customer.
As a business, if you are looking to adopt conversational commerce, ORPTech can help you do that by providing you with custom solutions or by acting as a middleman for a service. We can integrate your services and products with the messaging applications of your choice to bring you and your customers closer. Please do not hesitate to contact us through our website for more information. (https://orptech.com/en)
Some Key Benefits Of Conversational Commerce
- Improves Customer Experience
- Increases Engagement And Interaction
- Boosts Online Sales
- Helps Build Customer Loyalty
- Upselling And Cross-Selling Opportunities
- Helps Gather Feedback
A Recent Example: Facebook And JiaMart Partnership
On 29th August, Facebook announced its partnership with JiaMart in India by launching the first end-to-end shopping experience on WhatsApp. From browsing product catalogues to order tracking, users can carry out a shopping process without leaving the application. Users in India can start shopping on JioMart simply by sending “Hi” to the JioMart number.
It seems like we will hear about conversational commerce more in the future as it gets adopted by the big names.